Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daring Cooks, May 2013

Monkey Queen of Don’t Make Me Call My Flying Monkeys, was our May Daring Cooks’ hostess and she challenged us to dive into the world of en Croute! We were encouraged to make Beef Wellington, Stuffed Mushroom en Croute... I went for something slightly different, with chicken tenderloins in a mushroom/onion/sundried tomato case, with feta, manuka smoked ham and a puff pastry shell. Oh, and I candied up some persimmon in pastry for a sweet.
 Simple really, one takes a puff pastry case, lays a couple slices of ham into it.  To make 2 pastries, I blitzed half a brown onion, 50gm sundried tomato, and 2 small flat mushrooms in a blender, and spread onto the sliced ham.  A layer of feta cheese, and topped with chicken tenderloins (2 per case).  Folded into the above rectangles, and baked for 25 minutes, ends up looking like...

This.

 Or this.
I also diced a ripe persimmon, dropped it into another sheet of puff pastry, sprinkled with brown sugar, and folded it up.  Dessert!

3 comments:

  1. What a delicious combination. And the dessert as well, super tasty, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! I love the desert version

    ReplyDelete